The mission of the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics, Inc. (ABC) is to establish and promote the highest standards of organizational and clinical performance in the delivery of orthotic, prosthetic and pedorthic services. The ABC fulfills this mission by:
- Measuring patient care provider’s knowledge and skills through rigorous credentialing programs;
- Establishing standards of organizational performance through facility accreditation;
- Mandating Professional Continuing Education to maintain competency;
- Administering a Professional Discipline program;
- Communicating the value and importance of ABC credentials.